Markus Hahn of Coder's Lagoon offers this bit of freeware. We have put it through its paces and confirm it does a fantasic job. It makes a great free drive wipe tool as well.
One powerful file encryption and security tool for the Windows platform. As the successor of highly successful BFA97, Blowfish Advanced CS offers a bunch of new and improved features which are:
- Blowfish, Twofish, AES, RC4, TDES, Serpent, CAST
- Strong key support, handling and cryptography
- Fast: encrypts megabytes of data per second
- Data compression using LZSS, deflate and BZIP2
- Secure wiping of files and clearing of empty disk space
- Comfortable user interface with built-in file browser
- Easy working with encrypted files
- Complete integration into Windows Explorer
- Automation of daily routines by using job files
- Dozens of options to finetune the application
- Small: fits on half of the space of a floppy disk!
- Trustworthy: the complete source code is available
- Quick language switch (German and English)
- Runs on all Win32 versions, from 95 to Vista
- Personal Edition without any restrictions!
Check out the FAQ page, if you have further questions. You might want to read the change notes to get information about the latest features and fixes. Or just look at a screenshot.
If you want to give it a try, please download the installer:
Blowfish Advanced CS - Installer
MD5: e1 40 82 3e ec 62 34 0f 1b 5f 3c b4 0e 63 ca 1f
For users who don't need or want an installer, who like to save some download time or who face problems with the regular installer here's the compact ZIP file version. Please follow the steps in README.TXT (or LIESMICH.TXT for German users):
Blowfish Advanced CS - Files Only
MD5: 65 ed 16 da b0 96 4f 9b d8 6b 62 bd 5a 00 ab d9
The complete source code of Blowfish Advanced CS is available under the Apache 2.0 License. The application itself is written in Delphi and C/C++. Please check out the included BUILDING.TXT file for details about how to built, and LICENSE.TXT for the legal aspects.
Blowfish Advanced CS - Sourcecode
MD5: fb fb 6f 7e 5f 33 c8 60 42 e8 57 4f f3 72 22 99